- Make one(1) copy of the Star. It has two sections.
You will piece each section separately and then sew the two sections together.
- Remember that the printed pattern is a mirror image of the design.
You will be placing your fabric on the unprinted side and sewing on the
printed side of the letter pattern.
for general paper piecing instructions.
- Main Fabric:
- Cut one strip 4 ½ ” x 28”
- Background Fabric:
- Piece in numerical order. On the first half of the block,
place 1M face up on side of the paper without lines by placing a small amount of
glue stick in the center to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add piece number 2B and then number 3B.
- Continue adding 4M, and 5B. Press between each step.
- On the second half of the block, place 6M face up on the side of
the paper without lines by placing a small amount of glue stick in the center
to hold it while you place the second piece.
- Add 7B, 8B, 9M, and 10B. Pressing between additions.
- Add Section One to Section Two, matching seam lines. Rip paper off
on seam allowance between sections and then press this seam open. I usually
finger press this seam, and then lay it paper side down on the ironing board
and press from the fabric side of the letter block. Trim excess fabric and
paper to ¼” around the finished size of the letter.
©1999 Dori Hawks